Leasing apartments and single-family homes is what BH is known for, but there is so much more happening behind the scenes and in our communities. As this year comes to an end, we wanted to share some of the wildly awesome things we did in 2022:
The New BH
In April 2022, we launched an entirely new look, with a new logo, revised mission and promise, and a new website, that really made our brand come to life. We took what was already great and made it more courageous, energetic, innovative, confident, inspired, creative, and proud. Development of the new BH took months, building on feedback from employees, residents, and BH’s industry partners and clients. Similarly, the new livebh.com was built with the singular goal of providing a seamless, intuitive apartment shopping experience for potential residents.
Swag On and EXPerience More
What better way to show off the new brand than with new employee merch? In 2022, BH partnered with Benson to bring our employees new and exclusive merch that our teams, family, and friends can enjoy. The new store has lots to choose from. From adorable BH-branded baby onesies to tanks, hoodies, Yeti travel mugs, visors, and jackets, employees can order a variety of items to rock the new BH look.
In addition, the BH Recognitions platform was updated to add eight new BH Reward EXPeriences. The new EXPeriences give our team members the opportunity to redeem their well-earned recognition points in more flexible ways, including Starbucks gift cards, Topgolf for Two, Dunkin’ donuts, Costco memberships, DoorDash gift cards, movie dates, and a chance to Sip & Paint at Painting with a Twist.
Building New Leaders
Leaders Building Leaders (LBL), a program designed by BH employees to train, teach, and develop employees for other positions within the company, launched in 2022. LBL is an initiative championed by BH’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) committee with an emphasis of providing mentorship for women and people of color.
But BH does not stop at current employees. Through its partnership with Project Destined, BH provides internship opportunities to college students focusing on the various areas of real estate. Project Destined operates on three pillars: Train. Compete. Grow. During the summer 2022 internship cohort, Team BH’s Chicago division was named “Project Destined World Champions” after winning the Summer 2022 World Championship. Read more about BH and Project Destined’s partnership.
United for a Cause
This year BH employees raised over $141K for the United Way. BH hosted a month-long campaign in October with various ways for employees to participate across the country. Activities included bingo, a silent auction, costume contest, a virtual walk-a-thon, and a vacation raffle. BH’ers also support United Way year-round through payroll deductions.
Awards & Recognition
BH is all about celebrating the victories and recognizing its team members for a job well done. Even better is when BH is recognized by industry leaders and partners. Check out some of BH’s most notable awards in 2022:
- Freddie Mac Impact Sponsor of the Year Award: This prestigious accolade is granted to the Freddie Mac borrower who strives to make an impact by doing business the right way while doing good for their multifamily communities.
- 2022 In-House Team of the Year-PPC: Aylist, BH’s in-house advertising platform has saved over $500K in management fees to date, which earned BH this recognition by Search Engine Land.
- Property Management Innovation Award: BH’s development and integration of Aylist and Advantage, which deliver synergy between unit pricing and marketing, paved the way for BH to win the Property Management Innovation Award in the 2022 PropTech Breakthrough Awards program.
- National Apartment Association (NAA) Top Employer of 2022
- #8 on National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Largest Apartment Managers list
- #8 on Reputation’s Top Property Management Companies list
- Great Place to Work®: Best Place to Work in Real Estate, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplace for Women
To learn more about various BH programs and initiatives, check out our newsroom here.